- Handset attachment:
Other products require a handset attachment on every phone (they
do not want you to know this upfront - see the above picture)
- Inconvenience: the attachment gets in the way
(it can get
damaged being banged around all day)
- Extra cost: other products come with 2 handset
attachment so with just 6 phones you need 4 extra attachments
($80 more plus shipping)
Handset attachment has many issues:
Does not work with cordless phones:
unless you wear a headset or willing to press *
touch tone twice before you can press Hold button.
Generates Hum: the attachment
uses some of the power in the handset to emit a constant 3.7KHz
hum on your conversation, you may need to make adjustments
to the attachment with a provided screw driver! - However
this adjustment is subject to your hearing range and your
customer hearing range which may be different can hear the
Hold Music can be shut off by your
customer!! if your customer presses star
* touch tone by mistake, the hold music is
turned off ; customer may hang up if Hold music is gone.
Disrupts your sound: your
normal conversation sound is effected due to existence of
an attachment on the microphone path.
Speakerphone stops working: Hold
music activates when trying to use speakerphone;
you need to press star *
to stop the Hold music but this will disable Music on Hold
activation for the the rest of the call!!
Erratic, unreliable operations
on some phones- since the attachment takes its power from
the handset of the phone.
Non use of attachment issues:
If you do not want to use the attachment then you have to use
the star touch tone key to activate the music on Hold, not just
- You have to press the
star * touch tone key
twice before pressing Hold to turn ON the hold music.
- You have to press the star * touch
tone key once when you re-select the line to turn off the hold
- Both you and your caller
will get an annoying audible pitch tone in the ear! (which
is not good for your Image). and when you get back on that
line you have to press the star touch tone again to stop the audio
resulting in even more annoying pitch in your customer ear!
SX8800-4LP, SX8800-2LP-AAG, SX8800-4LP-AAG, ...
- No extra cost works up to 48 phones
- Works via Hold or Flash button on any phone (regular or cordless
or the portable extension)
- No inconvenience since there is no attachments to a handset
or anywhere else.
- No Hum on your conversation, nothing to adjust. just plug and
play and enjoy.
- Hold Music can not be shutoff while on Hold by your customer.
- No change in the normal conversation sound quality
- Speakerphone works fine by itself or while on Hold
- Reliable, smooth operations all the time.
- No Star
* activation to worry about.